About Rental car services
When visiting a new area, many travelers prefer to avoid using public transport by renting, or hiring, a car. This allows them to move around in their own time and provides extra flexibility in the event of an emergency. Cars may also be rented for use while personal vehicles are being fixed or shipped from another location. Rental cars are often leased by private companies, and come in many different shapes and sizes.
What to look for in online reviews:
- Competitive pricing: Make sure you are getting the right level of service for your budget, and do not be afraid to mention comparative prices to other companies close by when speaking to your sales assistant.
- Vehicle range: A Rental vehicle must suit your needs, regardless of how long you plan to use it. Consider a company that will have vehicles suitable for the amount of space you will need, the terrain you plan to travel on, and any extra features you may require.
- Well-known brands: Brands and businesses that are well-known in the Automotive Industry are more likely to have a wide variety of reviews available for your research. They are also more likely to have appropriate insurances in place, advertise deals and/or packages, and provide extra support to you in the event of a negative experience.
- Is the contract fair and in your favor? (read the fine print!)
- How long can you rent the car?
- What excess are you required to pay in the event of an accident or theft?
- Is the car reliable, safe, and mechanically sound?
Most Rental car services will require you to sign a contract before taking the car. Make sure to read this carefully to avoid hidden fees, and ask questions about the specific car you are intending to rent, as well as the company itself. Some Rental companies provide unsafe, out-dated, or dirty cars, are overpriced, or charge their client’s hidden fees at the end of the rental period. Avoid this by researching online reviews before entering into a purchase contract.